The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Passport

+4
Dave
Metaldunk
miron
Boothjendar
8 posters

Go down

Passport  Empty Passport

Post by Boothjendar Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Doe's anyone know where there is a photo booth in the Baza area suitable for passport photos ?????
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Passport  Empty Re: Passport

Post by miron Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:27 pm

No - but there´s a place just opposite the Policlinica in Baza which will do them. Don´t know the name of the street but it´s off to the right from that road that Fusions used to be on, and it´s the clinic you might go to if you want to get your drivers health certificate thing. I´ve never seen a photo booth here.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Cheers !!!!

Just had a passport application returned because ''there was a shadow on my nose'

Have you ever!!!!!!
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:37 pm

that's ridiculous Boothy isn't it! make sure the nose is lit up next time
Metaldunk
Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:44 pm

have a look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Opposite the police station in Baza there is a photograhers , copying etc etc shop , they can do it instantly .
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Dave wrote:have a look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers Dave BUT

The rules for passport photos
The photographs you supply with your application must:
show you with a neutral expression and your mouth closed (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows)
show you on your own (babies should not have toys or a dummy, and there shouldn’t be other people in the photo)
be in colour, not black and white
be identical
be taken within the last month
be 45 millimetres high x 35 millimetres wide - this is the standard size when you have a passport photo taken in a photo booth or studio (you should not trim a larger photograph to meet this condition)
be clear and in sharp focus, with a clear difference between your face and the background
be taken against a plain cream or plain light grey background
not show you with red-eye
be of you facing forward and looking straight at the camera
not be torn, creased, or marked
be printed on plain white photographic paper
be free from shadows
be taken with your eyes open and clearly visible (no sunglasses or tinted glasses and no hair across your eyes)
be free from reflection or glare on your glasses, and the frames must not cover your eyes - the Identity and Passport Service (IPS) recommends that, if possible, you remove your glasses
be professionally printed (photographs printed at home are not acceptable)
show your full head, without any head covering, unless you wear one for religious beliefs or medical reasons
be taken with nothing covering your face - you should make sure nothing covers the outline of your eyes, nose or mouth
be a close-up of your head and shoulders with a recommended head height (the distance between the bottom of your chin and the crown of your head) between 29 and 34 mm
not have any writing on the front or back, except on certified photos - trademarks or photographic printing on the back must not show through
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:34 pm

What do they class as professionally printed? If you take the file to a pro, they'll print them the same as you would if youve got a decent printer.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 pm

I agree, been arguing all day, now they tell me its the paper, something to do with grain to facility the digitizing process!!

Who knows!! the whole system here is changing I posted a video on it not so long ago perhaps you can resurrect it for others??
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Boothjendar wrote:I agree, been arguing all day, now they tell me its the paper, something to do with grain to facility the digitizing process!!

Who knows!! the whole system here is changing I posted a video on it not so long ago perhaps you can resurrect it for others??

Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:23 pm

if you look at the Video I think its section 4 which say's passports are no longer produced in Madrid but batched back to the UK so perhaps the photo rule is to allow this to happen smoothly!!!!
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:33 pm

To add to this!
I followed the 'other' route. Had photo taken locally and then sent all docs and form away to an 'accommodation address' and then had it forwarded to Spain.
When it was sent to us in Spain, along with other post, we had two letters from the passport office. The first said that the passport was not being issued because the photo did not meet the criteria, the second contained the new passport.
Surprised Shocked Rolling Eyes
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Well done Barry, and lucky you lol! I thought about that route but found out that sometimes IPS have a habit of phoning the applicant !! Certainly that's the consensus on the other big 3 forums here.

Ah well will just have to get a variety of pics, send them all and let them choose the one's they feel happy with.
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by medianige Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Passports are being gradually phased to all be issued in London to prevent fraud. Especially in the middle and far east, High Africa and Latin America. Where you could have a passport issued by a consulate office, now they have started issuing with the use of regional offices in these parts of the world; in Europe, Australia and the US, together with some parts of the commonwealth (though strangely not yet Canada), passports are returned to the main FO in London via consulates or embassies and directly back to the applicant.

Regional offices will be closed by 2013 (I think) and then all documents must be sent back to London to be issued. By 2016, the consulates and embassies in the safe countries will also close.

It is thought that 2,400 staff worldwide are paid to issue British passports (costing £8m, let alone the cost of the blanks, of which 30,000 are stolen or lost annually in these countries). Over 15% of passports issued 'legally' are fraudulent, multiple issues, false identities that sort of thing. By bringing the whole issuing process back to London it is expected that service costs will fall by 80% (fewer staff, better quality control etc.) and fraudulent issues will be reduced to under 2%.
medianige
medianige

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:43 pm

A friend of mine recently had her passport photo taken at the photographers opposite Baza police station. They'd previously loused up her husband's passport photo, so we were careful to explain all the necessary criteria, and took care to measure the finished photo ourselves. The photo was returned to her because she'd been too far away from the camera. She then went to the photographers over the road from La Perla. Perfect results, 2/3 of the price.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down