The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

El Capricho Christmas Fair - 27th November.

+6
Sally
Lesley
mikey
musketeera
Dave
Cave Bunny
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

El Capricho Christmas Fair - 27th November. Empty El Capricho Christmas Fair - 27th November.

Post by Cave Bunny Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:27 pm

santa El Capricho will be having a Christmas Fair on 27th November, alongside the normal Car Boot fair. santa

Live music, mulled wine and beer, pinchos, cakes, face painting and pony rides. drunken
rendeer A chance to buy all your Christmas gifts in one hit.
Dog competitions (i.e waggiest tail, best puppy, agility??! etc.) affraid
sunny Sounds fun doesn't it? sunny

Would you like to be involved?

In order to pull this off and make it as successful and as a good a day out as possible we really need your help. cheers

Are you good at painting children’s faces?
Know of someone with a bouncy castle for hire?
Do you want a stall selling your crafts and gifts for the day?
Are you an ace cake baker, or do you make a mean mulled wine and want to help there?
Perhaps you have a large BBQ you can loan us, and/or would be happy to sell some pinchos on the day?
Perhaps you have a table you can lend us?

Are your skills in organising?
Are you an experienced event planner?
Do you want to help the dog refuge but can’t walk dogs?
Maybe you want to get involved with the community but are not sure how?

santa If you can help in any way please post here, or PM me. I'd love to hear from you. santa

Although Christmas seems a long way off, there is not much time to organise this event. Please contact me as soon as possible if you want to help.

Ideas for the fair so far are:
  • A cake stall
  • Face Painting
  • Bouncy Castle
  • Live music
  • Pony rides
  • Raffle
  • Lottery
  • Taster sessions for reiki, manicures, head massage etc
  • Tarot readings
  • Pinchos & Beer
  • Mulled wine & minced pies
  • Stalls selling arts & crafts and Christmas gifts (who don’t usually attend the car boot and would like to support EL Cap.)
  • A dog show

rendeer Any other ideas would be gratefully received. rendeer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

El Capricho Christmas Fair - 27th November. Empty Re: El Capricho Christmas Fair - 27th November.

Post by Dave Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:33 am

Brilliant Idea! Hope loads of people muck in to help. If there is anything I can do please say. Wish I could be around to lend a hand. sunny
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

El Capricho Christmas Fair - 27th November. Empty Re: El Capricho Christmas Fair - 27th November.

Post by musketeera Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:49 pm

El Llano (Benamaurel) have a bouncy castle they may lend - It's worth the ask.
musketeera
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:03 pm

I have been collered to help by Jo and Kari but not sure what i am doing yet.
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesley Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Fantastic idea we would really love to help out. I will try and get some time off from work so that we can come over. These type of events are really good fun and when you inlcude a dog show even better. All dog lovers are proud of their own Fido. I think it is a really good way to raise the profile of El Capricho and hopefully the local spanish will join in. I don't think there is enough time to organise agility because the equipment is to buy (too expensive) too make (not enough time) Maybe think about it for the future we have all the measurements for jumps etc if someone is a bit handy. Some ideas for the fun classes that spring to mind are prettiest bitch, handsomest dog, best veteran (over Cool best puppy ( under 1 year) waggiest tail, most appealing eyes, dog the judge would most like to take home, least likely pair lttle and large, best brace, best 4 legs. Maybe the El Capricho guys could be judges. You could have the fastest recall competition need to have cordened off area so the dogs can't run away (hay bales maybe) dog is held at one end handler is at the other end and they have to call the dog to them can use any encouragement they want food, toy etc the dog is timed and the fastest one wins, can have as many goes as you like. We will get some rosettes for the winners and places up to 4th. These things take a lot of organising and I hope you get a lot of support. Will let you know if we can definitely come over or not. Good luck.
Lesley
Lesley

http://l.allington1@ntlworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks Dave, will let you know if there is anything you can do :-)

Musketeera, are you able to ask El Llano? I don't know of them at all. Sadly we have no budget so that's your starting point Wink

Mikey, I'm thinking extra specially hard about how you can help. I'll come up with some suitable ideas asap and let you know so you can choose. Great ideas in your PM by the way, and I'll put them in action... Meanwhile, thanks for being a part and for taking our 'collaring' so well.

Lesley & Clive. Thank you so much! I agree about agility and think straight forward fun dog classes would be better suited for this time. We'll chat more, and thank you for the rosettes. I SO HOPE to see you both there :-) xx

Keep the ideas coming guys.

Does anyone know of anyone good at face painting in the area?
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:44 pm

If you had a home brew competition i would be well qualified in judging it drunken
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesley Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:46 pm

We're working on it Very Happy
Would much rather be in Spain than sitting in an office in Canary Wharf I struggled today to concentrate kept thinking about dog shows for some reason.....
If you have enough helpers to look after them it would be nice to see a few of the dogs there failing that what about having a big board with photo's of the dogs on it and some info about them so that everyone can see those up for adoption. It would be good if there could be some educational information as well I know the guys were trying to educate the spanish on castration etc.
Rosettes ordered today
x
Lesley
Lesley

http://l.allington1@ntlworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:05 pm

I can help!! I can make a big cauldron of mulled wine (did it last year at the Booty and it was a success!) and a heap of mince pies if that would be OK? Ami has said she'll made a batch of cupcakes with "dog themed" toppers, too!x
Sally
Sally

http://www.cuevapedro.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! bounce Fantastic!

Thank you so much Sally and Ami
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by medianige Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Simple game for the kids (and adults!). Get a load of pegs and a short line. Add the pegs on the line and they pay their euro to have a go at taking as many off as they can with one hand. Drop one and your go is over. Have a cuddly toy (or maybe a week's dog food!) as the main prize.

Anyone can look after the game, I suppose.
medianige
medianige

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:20 am

I am going to have to try this with the washing today Nigel Very Happy
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by medianige Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:51 am

Bet you can't hold more than 9 or 10!!! Smile
medianige
medianige

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 am

How about a tombola stall? Get people to donate tins, bottles, jars etc, sell raffle tickets and any ending in a 5 or 0 wins. x
Sally
Sally

http://www.cuevapedro.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Father Christmas. Im sure someone on the forum could volunteer santa
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:39 am

Sally, do you think it is OK to have a tombola AND a raffle? I guess the tombola is instant...

Dave, any suggestions for Santa? Very Happy I had thought about this, but a grotto would be way too much work for the time we have and the number of volunteers offering help. And a costume would cost - sadly we have NO spare funds. Any suggestions how to achieve this easily and mega-cheaply would be greatly received... santa
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:22 am

the must be somebody who knows of a santa outfit in Spain. As for getting somebody to wear it how about David form El Cap.
It dosen't have to be anything professional, maube an alternative grotto...in the style of a kennel? Anybody any ideas?
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:28 am

I don't think David at El Cap would do it, he's quite a quiet, shy gentleman. And besides, I'm going to have loads of jobs for him to do - too busy for Santa duties too. Very Happy Any one else willing?
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:19 pm

I would, if I was out there. Not that I look anything like a Santa (before anyone says otherwise! Shocked
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:22 am

How about Juan Louis at El Capricho, he's full of fun and speaks an unusual mix of Spanish & English - He spotted a moose at the rescue centre the other evening!

I have suggested the idea to him and he didn't refuse but maybe Jo you could suggest it as well Very Happy
musketeera
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:26 am

The thought had crossed my mind too. I will try - do you think the Spanish kids will understand and appreciate Santa?
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:32 am

The problem is a costume with no budget...any suggestions anyone?
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:31 am

Leslie is handy with sewing (sorry Leslie!) Ill donate payment for the material if it could be organised?
Just a thought?.......
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:34 am

Or........I bet the Royal British Legion would know of one somewhere. Any ideas Ken?
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by la Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:46 am

All sounds like fun and an excellent way to raise some much needed funds. I'll be there to help.

la

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next