The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Just to say hi

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just to say hi

Post by la on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:22 am

Hi I'm La.

Firstly I must apologise for not posting on the forum sooner. I signed up for this site in Jan, but my internet supplier (run off a dongle) was absolutely awful. I had to sit, in the freezing cold, out on the patio struggling to get a signal. When I could get a signal it would fade in and out constantly. Thank goodness I discovered Habland and now have cheap and constant internet access. The only problem I have now is learning to use my computer!!

Grumpy (my old man) and I have been in Spain for nearly 5 years. Life here is great most of the time, but, as with anywhere, there are down sides. Language is one of those "downs"!!!!!! We've done the classes but are still struggling to get to grips with it all. Water is our other big problem, but I'm not going to bother you with that!

For a long time I was sceptical about joining in with all the banter on the forum-a lot of what I read was quite "bitchy". Come on those guilty parties, life's too short for all that stuff and the site is there to give us all help and info.

Grumpy and I are of an age where we don't have to work any more, but cave living is like a full time job. We've had problems (after the previous 2 wet winters) with cal and yeso coming off our walls and the appearence of lots of salt. We've redone some of it, which now looks worse than ever. If anyone has a miracle cure we'd love to hear about it.

The garden takes up quite a lot of my time. It was a totally blank canvas- not so much as a twig was growing-when we first moved in. I really enjoy growing things from seeds and cuttings-most of our garden has flourished from this manner, with a few plants purchased from the markets. All would look a lot better with more water!

Anyway folks that's enough of my prattling on.

La

p.s. Does anybody know of a gas fridge for sale, we live near Benamaurel.

la

Back to top Go down

Re: Just to say hi

Post by ajmaverick on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:51 am

Welcome to the Forum. I for one really think before posting, as what you say about bitchiness is so very true. The majority of people seem to be very nice, but time and again the same old moaners have to have a go, one time even going so far as to sending me a p.m.
But this said in the main it is a very helpful site.
Hope you sort out the problems with your cave.
I have invested in a dehumidifier and find this is a must, and move it round from room to room , it really helps with the damp.

ajmaverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:55 pm

First of all, a very warm welcome to the forum . What a fab first post! Its really good to hear somebody say what everybody thinks! There does seem to be a great amount of prattage (new word) doing the rounds lately, not just this forum, but many others as well as in the bars and on chavbook. Dont know why, but folk need to get over it and start helping each other and having respect for others opinions. The mods and myself will be trying to stamp it out so that the forum can continue to be the excellent source of info that it always has. It will however, only be as good as the content thats added by its own members. Funny how its usually the ones who stir up the trouble are the ones who whinge. Thats life I supose!
Anyway soory about the rant, welcome, look forward to hearing more from you and sorry I cant help with the fridge! Laughing

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...

Dave
Admin

http://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:01 pm

ajmaverick wrote:Welcome to the Forum. I for one really think before posting, as what you say about bitchiness is so very true. The majority of people seem to be very nice, but time and again the same old moaners have to have a go, one time even going so far as to sending me a p.m.
But this said in the main it is a very helpful site.
Hope you sort out the problems with your cave.
I have invested in a dehumidifier and find this is a must, and move it round from room to room , it really helps with the damp.

So very very true, and if anybody is ever bothered by malicious pm's or any type of abuse or attack, please inform a mod. It wont be tolerated.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...

Dave
Admin

http://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Welcome to the forum La.
I thought I was married to grumpy... don't tell me there is another one out there. If it is the 'La' that i think it is by reading between the lines, do you still want the wisteria seed pods?They are only just beginning to dry out!
Enjoy the forum!
Very Happy
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:50 pm

The Electrical Retailers on the opposite side of the road from Donnelly's in Baza have a good range, saw them today, they also have a catalogue in the widow which you can order from.
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Gosh, what a lot replies.

Post by la on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Thanks for all the replies, I had no idea there were so many people out there with fingers poised over keyboards.

Rosie, I don't think I know you, but I'd love to have some wisteria seeds-or maybe your Billy's Mum?? This is all quite a conundrum, working out who's who!! At least it adds a bit of mystery to life.

La

la

Back to top Go down

Post by musketeera on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Hola - La xxx
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Yup! I'm Billy's Mum!
x
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by gilly on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi La!
I am also Billy's auntie! I have his brother and sister!
Welcome to the forum! x
gilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi, and welcome
Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Welcome cheers Welcome . Glad you found Habland and got away from that frustrating dongle. Very Happy
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spanish Recipes