The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARE THERE ANY AMERICANS RESIDENT AROUND HERE ????

3 posters

Go down

ARE THERE ANY AMERICANS RESIDENT AROUND HERE ???? Empty ARE THERE ANY AMERICANS RESIDENT AROUND HERE ????

Post by space man Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:44 pm

I would like to contact any Americal living in this area with reference to the legality of moving permanently to Span. I.e paperwork req'd for longer than 90 day stay, residecia etc etc. Thanks in advance. Spicey

space man

Back to top Go down

ARE THERE ANY AMERICANS RESIDENT AROUND HERE ???? Empty Re: ARE THERE ANY AMERICANS RESIDENT AROUND HERE ????

Post by Boothjendar Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 pm

I'm not a Yank but found this

NON EUROPEAN CITIZENS

When is a Spain visa NOT necessary?

People from United States and most South American countries, are allowed to visit Spain, as tourists, without any permit or visa, for a maximum of 90 days. Most other countries will require a tourist visa

When is a Spain visa necessary?

Non-EU citizens, living in Spain, more than 90 days, need to apply for a work and residence permit (the worker), or a residence permit only (non-workers, dependants or students).

The Visa will be requested in the Spanish Consular Office in the country of origin or last legal residence.

Necessary documentation to obtain a work permit:

Passport and photocopy.
Three passport-size photos.
Certificate of Criminal Record.
Medical certificate.
Proof of financial means.
And a favourable decision related to the working authorization request that the employer should have submitted to the competent Labour authority in Spain.
To get a work permit, first of all you need to have a work pre-contract for a minimum of 6 months, fill in the application form and bring the above documentation to the national police station.

Necessary documentation to obtain residence permit:

Passport and photocopy.
Three passport-size photos.
Certificate of Criminal Record.
Medical certificate.
National or Private Health Insurance.
Proof of financial means, to live in Spain during the requested period
Students must provide the pre-enrolment into an educational centre (public or private) or University and proof of allowance to pay your tuition and maintenance fees.

Before travelling to Spain:

In order to avoid problems at the Spanish border, Non European Union citizens should, before starting the trip, ask for information about Visa requirements at the Spanish Consulate in the country of origin.

If you come for others purposes than studying or working, remember that you will have to get nominal and closed return flight tickets.

Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

ARE THERE ANY AMERICANS RESIDENT AROUND HERE ???? Empty Re: ARE THERE ANY AMERICANS RESIDENT AROUND HERE ????

Post by space man Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks BJ,
I think you looked at same web site as me. Perhaps I should have said I would like to hear of personal experiences coming to Spain from USA, and any associated problems, a long shot I know but hey ho. Cheers Spicey

space man

Back to top Go down

Post by Cueva Tesoro Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi - I'm from Chicago and relocated to Spain last year. I'm happy to share any advice or insights. You can email me at enquiries@caveholidaysspain.com
Kim

Cueva Tesoro

Back to top Go down

Post by space man Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks Kim I am sending you a PM. Spicey

space man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down