The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best way to visit

4 posters

Go down

Best way to visit Empty Best way to visit

Post by echica Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:17 am

Hi everyone

Could anyone offer any advice on the best way to visit the Huesca area, i.e. drive or fly? I guess the cheapest airport is Murcia? Would it be better to drive?

Any advice welcome.

Many thanks

Echica

echica

Back to top Go down

Best way to visit Empty Re: Best way to visit

Post by Rosie Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Alicante, Murcia, Almeria & Malaga (a bit further) all fairly much the same distance/access wise. Flying & a cheap car hire probably cheapest option, if you avoid main holiday seasons.

Good luck.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:41 pm

By the way Echica, it's "Huescar" here - there is a "Huesca" elsewhere in Spain so make sure you get to the right place! x
Sally
Sally

http://www.cuevapedro.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:06 pm

I agree with Rosie that flying is good option especially with the choice of four airports. This in turn offers a broad spectrum of flights from various departing points at competitive prices.

Another possibility if you are not too far away from Portsmouth or Plymouth, is to take the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilboa or Plymouth to Santander: For a family of four, travel prices can be comparable to flight prices, with the bonus of door to door travel and removing the cost of car hire.

You are on the ferry for 24 hours, so if you are in a hurry, not the option for you. But for ourselves on occasion it’s a fun ‘travelling’ experience. The ferry ride includes a good quality cabin, with private shower and toilet and around the boat you can liken facilities to a mini cruise. Once you disembark its approx 8-9 hour pleasant drive to this region and as far as I remember no tolls.

Link for best ferry prices is
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is also always the train..... (smile), we have some Guests we are picking up tomorrow from Guadix train station, who are travelling to us by train. Mountain Bikers, so no need for a car. On route they have made a two night stop over, for sightseeing, in Madrid. Smile

Link for trains is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by santamaria on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:00 am; edited 2 times in total
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Best way to visit Empty Best Way to Travel

Post by echica Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks for your replies. I think initially we will fly but drive over when we find somewhere to settle.

Cheers everyone x

echica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down