The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas check again

+26
Lyndyloo
invicta
musketeera
Metaldunk
Ponderosa
cavern
Sandy
Ian Sharp
Blatantadvertising.com
bigcol
Jenny
pebbles
mame
Mac
Gobiker56
winemaker
sierra_satellites
Gayle
1940thom
David_B
Ken
john the artist
cazcove
Imagemaker
Dave
Boothjendar
30 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Gas check again - Page 4 Empty Re: Gas check again

Post by cueva ventosa Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Two of them came to our house today but neither got in!

cueva ventosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:30 pm

This is all good news. Spread the word far and wide!

Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:57 pm

definitely great to spread the word when two gas men knock on the door with clipboards and name tags

in Spanish, just... everything's fine here - smile - goodbye - close the door

this works really well!

Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:11 am

Metakdunk is right, they don't do the Spanish, just ex pats. They are qualified but rip us off.
Send them away.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:59 am

If anybody has any pics or details of names or reg of vehicles I have managed to get someone at Cogasa Malaga to converse through email. They appear to find out if it is connected to them or not. But dont hold your breath.

Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Blatant - That's a good idea, I hope someone can help you out with the info. I will just point out that they claim to work for Cogasa in Granada though and that is what it says on their ID's so if Malaga deny all knowledge ask them to check out the Granada branch.

I wonder if they is anybody who has an invoice from some of their past work which maybe useful.

I am sure you will keep us informed - it will be interesting I am sure.

Oh and as a bit of a P.S..... I wonder if anybody else suspects that Repsol has a small part in this? it seemed funny to me that 2 months after we had our Boiler fitted by a guy recomended by Repsol and then inspected by another guy fro Repsol , these guys from Cogasa turned up and tell us it is not upto the new regulations ( which was correct ) and try to overcharge us to get it to stardard. Our property is not easy to find and how did they know we were Brits?
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:26 pm

3 men in a white van came to us today. Luckily, Kate and I were out and only Ramón was at home. As soon as they saw him, a big strapping Spaniard, in the window (he was cleaning a large knife at the time!!) they quickly reversed and left! x
Sally
Sally

http://www.cuevapedro.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 pm

We have registration 8161 DYT of blue van but does anyone have reg of the white one?
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:31 am

Below is a reply I got from Cogasa Granada after sending registration of vehicle and saying that we had photos of it and the men.
They appear to be saying that they are their workmen and it is their vehicle but they had no idea that this sort of thing was going on, they will try to stop this and send their apologies.

Wether sincere or not we know not!
If I have not reflected accurately what they have said perhaps someone whose spanish is better than mine could input.

'Buenas tardes, efectivamente el coche al que hace referencia es de la empresa. No teníamos conocimiento de lo que usted nos dice y por lo tanto, no hemos podido evitarles la preocupación.

Desde la dirección de la empresa se dará un toque de atención a ese grupo de operarios para que no vuelvan a tener comportamientos deshonestos.

Le reiteramos nuestras mas sinceras disculpas.

Gracias y un saludo'
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:20 pm

great work! they're definitely not above the law
Metaldunk
Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Good for you on doing this at least now they can't use in their defense " we didn't know about it " because you have proof you notified them.

I find it hard to believe though that they didn't know about it as it has been in some of the papers on the coast. Maybe they will now leave this area alone for a while, thanks to you Blantantad Suspect

Last edited by cavern on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spolling)
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Very good to hear the matter has been taken to the head offices, of one particular gas firm. It is hard to tell if there is more than one firm operating in a similar manner? Also whether a blind eye is being turned by those running these gas firms or even encouraging such behaviour to hit sales targets, who knows?

Here in Fuente Neuva we often read about such things but lucky enough, for a long time didn’t meet these guys face to face. Recently the Gas Man Cometh here to, when they came to my door I turned them away but had to call the police local as they refused to leave. Showing all sorts of paperwork, wearing very official looking uniforms and driving an official blue gas van. They were spoken to by our local bobby and we hoped that was that.

However only this week a neighbour informed me that one of the older members of our community, had been stung for a large sum of money and this time the Guardia stopped them, I am informed that the ‘boss’ of this particular firm has been summoned, to talk over these strong arm techniques, with the powers that be here locally, and yes it was an official gas firm, whether the same one as above or not, who knows?

Our police local and Guardia have reinforced, do not let them in, do not hand over any money , do not sign any paper work and call them immediately if we see the above occurring. Also to tell all our neighbours to ensure forewarned is forearmed. Although they did reinforce Repsol will want to make their checks but this will be planned an prior notice will be given,
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richii Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:52 pm

I have photos of the 2 guys that called into my place but cant find the bit of paper that I wrote there details and Car reg on

Richii

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm

A thought.

We all co-operated and exchanged information about workmen who may be un-registered , over charging etc for gas inspections. Why can't we do the same about some of the other trades?
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4