The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinion

+9
bigcol
santamaria
janga
Imagemaker
Dave
lisa
mikey
Blatantadvertising.com
carlos211
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinion

Post by carlos211 Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 am

Just to finalise this topic - I used someone against the advice of this Forum as I didn't want to cause any offence. Won't be using him again. Ever. For anything. 'Nuff said.

Next time I will listen to good advice. Thank you so much again for helping someone you haven't even met yet. Very Happy

carlos211

Back to top Go down

Post by ross Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:59 am

what about Marie in canilles speaks good english?

I have never used her for any business dealings but it·s an option!!

hope this is of use

Ross Sleep

ross

Back to top Go down

Post by ross Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 am

another person who I have used for the last 10 yrs is Juan in Zujar,he is a bank manager and assesor,and his wife is a lawyer.

Juan was the mayor of Zujar and very well respected.

I would highly recommend him.

ross

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:11 am

The only problem on forums is that it is very difficult to leave constructive negative comments without them being removed.
You should also be aware that it may be that the good comments are posted by interested parties.
Briefly make your own mind up.

Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nigtrog Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Dear all
Good Morning
Read this topic with > interest as i in position of dealing with two Lawyers a + b personaly over last 4 years , a for an insurance claim & trying to get Ayuntamiento at Freila to sort out ify road over my cave and b to do my tax returns etc for last 3 years !!
The insurance claim / sorting out Freila Ayuntamiento was a shambles! , but no doubt a a very nice person & overall more positives than negatives !! ( however i did also hear of a problem with a boundary dispute case !).
My tax returns / meetings with b have always been > professional / gone well !! , however not used for insurance claims / property paperwork / disputes etc !! .
This is my personal experience and seems to be pay your money & take your choice / luck !! , not quite what you want when you got problems / disputes that Lawyer can help with rather than add to !!
I have now been recommended a 3rd lawyer who has not even replied to my e mails / communications in 6 weeks let alone sorted Santa Lucia insurance claim / Freila Ayuntamiento ( who built incorrect structured retaining wall up wind of mine / few caves & caused water etc damage !) !!

I think simple fact is Lawyers , insurance co's & many other bodies in Spain a bit more variable / laid back than in uk !! & vary job to job / day to day !! .
Appreciate if anyone can please give me contact details of a lawyer / other contacts in Baza / Freila area who they can > recommend for sorting out Santa Lucia claim ( they just ignore my letters ! / tell not covered when policy clearly sais are covered for legal and damage costs in my caves exact circumstances !) & Freila Ayuntamiento !! .
Is there an official Complaint form / omudsmen type system re;if lack of action or response from Ayuntamiento or insurance co's ?
It appears the whole system set up to end up in deadlock / no action & require lengthy / costly legal battles ( creating work for our Lawyer friends !!)

I love my cave & Positives > outweigh negatives but frustrating when so called professional people ( Lawyers ) & public servants ( Ayuntemento ) do their jobs either very slowly or very badly when need oppposite in circumstances !!

regards

Nigel

ps; isn't there a professional body people can complain to about Lawyers if they fail & seek compensation

nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Post by janga Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:07 pm

the link below will take you to the public defender web site ( i hope)
You can fill in the complaints form in English.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have used them myself to make a denuncia about the basque police, and found them helpful.

Last edited by janga on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added to)
janga
janga

http://www.littlebritain.es

Back to top Go down

Post by nigtrog Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks for info & i will take a look !
Problem i think is i was told by someone as i not a resident in Spain full time i can not do a denuncia !!
take care & if any other possible contacts / ideas be much appreciated

Nigel

nigtrog
nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Post by janga Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm

nigtrog wrote:Thanks for info & i will take a look !
Problem i think is i was told by someone as i not a resident in Spain full time i can not do a denuncia !!
take care & if any other possible contacts / ideas be much appreciated

Nigel

nigtrog
anyone can do a denuncia, you do not need to be a resident, you will just need your passport number. It just means making a report about someone.
A
janga
janga

Back to top Go down

Post by nigtrog Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:26 am

Janga
many thanks for further advice !
I currently not in area ! ( back in few weeks ) ,
can someone else do for me if they have my passport / NIE no's etc ? . Can you only do via the internet or where do you take form / go to Denounce the Ayuntamiento locally ? & any fees etc ?
Do i need written evidence that despite people going in / asking Ay to sort the wall they built & has / is causing damage they done nothing ? , many times they been told but got nothing in writting !

regards & thanks

NIgel
nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 am

Please refrain from 'naming names' of parties when you are making accusations of bad service. If somebody wants to contact you by PM to find details, thats fine, but we cant have accusations made on a public forum.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nigtrog Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Dave
good morning
bit of a catch 22 sitaution !.
With a topic as important as good or bad lawyers / estate agents etc who can > help or on other hand cause > problems it is esential if whole community told someone is amazing / definitely use etc and another member had a very bad experience with the said Lawyer or estate agent etc = need to let everyone know the facts & not just PM one person !! . Otherwise the person you PM may have correct balanced view but the wider cave community not !!
Obviously goto be careful of people who may have their own personal reasons / contacts etc for +/- comments or make false statements etc ! . However in this case i in the position of having few years experience in the area and personal expereince of both parties ! and wanted to help wider community have full / balanced view !!
Difficult one ! , do we have valuable / crucial topics like this posted ? & if so how to ensure whole forum given a true balanced & fact based view !!
Maybe need to be like feedback sites in uk ( in the uk i run an established building co & on various reputable customer feedback sites where feed back vetted before published !) , maybe if any +/- comments re ; key things like Lawyers / Estate agents/ builders etc = vetted before published !!
Or just haveto make sure no names mentioned in 1st place & anyone who wants to know names etc sends PM to person posting ! , but problem then be if someone posted " nightmare Lawyer to avoid or excellent lawyer please PM for details " = could end up with 10's if not 100's PM's !!
Forum excellent & sorry if caused problem & will not be posting anymore feedback when people named ! .

Nigel

ps; please if anyone has got a vg lawyer / contact re; sorting out Freila Ayuntemiento & insurance co claim appreciate if can PM me !!
nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Post by janga Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:27 pm

nigtrog wrote:Janga
many thanks for further advice !
I currently not in area ! ( back in few weeks ) ,
can someone else do for me if they have my passport / NIE no's etc ? . Can you only do via the internet or where do you take form / go to Denounce the Ayuntamiento locally ? & any fees etc ?
Do i need written evidence that despite people going in / asking Ay to sort the wall they built & has / is causing damage they done nothing ? , many times they been told but got nothing in writting !

regards & thanks

NIgel
Its free to do a denuncia, you can do it over the phone to an English speaking person who will translate it and send it onto the relevant police station.
janga
janga

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:07 pm

nigtrog,

Just the point I was making but you seem very aware of the pitfalls, just, as you say, be aware of the way any advice might be slanted as regards to who to use.
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nigtrog Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Blatant
agree with your points totally and i think as in many cases best to try and get more than one view / feedback before decide who to use and tread carefuly !
take care
Nige
nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2