The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Opinion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Opinion

Post by carlos211 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi - I'm moving to Baza in about six weeks and I wondered if anyone in the area has had any dealings with Cuevas-Spain and/or Jose Maria Ruiz Castillo (lawyer) and if you would mind giving me your opinion in a pm. Much appreciated. Can't wait to get over there! Cool

Last edited by carlos211 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
carlos211

Back to top Go down

Re: Opinion

Post by Blatantadvertising.com on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:09 pm

The advice in most of the books about moving to Spain refer to not using a lawyer that is reccomended by your estate agent.
Have no knowledge of the agent and cannot find out who is running it by looking at the website.
The lawyer mentioned is however mentioned.
Both may be perfectly ok, just an obsevation.
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carlos211 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi - thanks for the advice. Cuevas-Spain is run by Piet Quekel.
carlos211

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:55 pm

What i have seen of Jose i am not impressed but that is only my view and would be interested what others think
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by carlos211 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Getting a little concerned now ... Neutral
carlos211

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:07 pm

No idea on the laywer you mention but can recommend Victorio - his website is down for some reason - he is no fuss kinda fella and pretty good English .He helps us with buying our cave.

info here

1) Victorio Heras Garcia who has an office in Campo Camara, near Baza. Victorio speaks excellent English and can be contacted as follows:

Website - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Email - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Telephone, office - 0034 958734951 0034 958734951
mobile - 0034 647460099 0034 647460099
Office address - C/ Mayor, 12
Campocámara 18815
Granada

lisa

http://www.welovetechnology.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Time and time again Victorios name is mentioned and he certainly is highly recommended. He acted for us when we bought our cave and we found him to be excellent. Very popular with the ladies too. Cant understand myself, he's got piggy eyes! Ask Col...... Laughing

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dave
Admin

http://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carlos211 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Thanks for the replies - you've all been very helpful Very Happy
carlos211

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:06 am

Cuevas - Spain.....very good.

Victorio is highly recommended.
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by janga on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:27 am

Hi
I have had dealings with both Cuevas spain Piet and Jose Maria Ruiz Castillo
Both have been very good and professional.
I have had dealings with Victorio also, not so good.

janga

http://www.littlebritain.es

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:30 pm

My experience of Victorio for our house purchase was a very positive one. He certainly knows the ropes where, house purchase transactions are concerned.

I would certainly use him again.

Not heard of the other chap so can't comment there.
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:15 pm

Ton be fair Ive always passed on Victorios name, because he does the job right, speakls very very good English, and never heard a bad word about him.

I wouldnt use anyone else, but ive had mixed reports about others

I my self have done 4 house sale and purchases with Victorio and always have had a good experiance. and have overpayment refund re charges

Honest and Reliable

Col

PS if you done a poll re Victorio on this website I think he would be 99.9% good

the other .1% will be Janga for what ever reason

so if your buying or selling do not use anyone else and im saying this because hes tried and tested time and time again!!!

Big Col

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by carlos211 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi again and again many thanks for all the helpful advice. As you say, BigCol. mixed reports, but most agree with you! Imagemaker - thank you - do you mean Cuevas-Spain are very good or just that the name is very good Question I'm easily confused! I did try to contact Victorio initially as Devon Dave had recommended him but unfortunately his website was down. I ended up taking on Jose Maria who was recommended by my estate agent. Let's hope I've done the right thing.
carlos211

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Hello Carlos211, Cuevas - Spain is a good agency with clients from Britain, Spain and Scandinavia.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] A (working) link to Victorio's website.

Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by carlos211 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi again - Imagemaker, thanks, that has put my mind at ease. I took an instant liking to the guy who runs Cuevas-Spain and that has confirmed it. My worry was that I was using a lawyer recommended by him, but I can't see it being a problem. BigCol, sorry to hear you are no longer in the removals business as I was planning on using Euro Mover to get to Baza - is there anyone you would recommend? Thanks again to all for your useful and helpful comments. cheers
carlos211

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:28 am

Hi There Carlos

To be fair Theres a few business, but always felt that a prospective customer get as many recomendations as possible, when getting quotess if you have someone arround to size up dont go with their estimated cubics, as somtimes they give you good prices per cubic but overestimate the totel cubics, which means when you ring other companies your always metioning the quoted cubics and you will find that its more expensive, so automaticaly go with the ist quote.If theres not a lot let say a 2/3 bed when you start packing use a large empty rm or garage mark along wall in mtrs and height in mtrs stack tightly and then easy to get the true cubics.

Dont empty drawers and pack contents in boxes, because this this just increases load space.

Below Ive put a link to Jimbo the Scott who euromover always have had a good relationship, and know that hes reliable, trustworthy. and a honest nice guy with lots of good feedback and has been going for a few years,always working like euromover. which to me shows good customer service

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ring Jim tell him your from big col, tell him what you need and he will love a load on the way down from North

all the best

Enjoy this time have a great move and we know you will have a great life in the best part of Spain

All the best

Big Col xxx

Last edited by bigcol on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by carlos211 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:45 pm

BigCol - Can't thank you enough, that's a great help! That's the last of my big worries out of the way! Love this Forum! Very Happy
carlos211

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:50 pm

Love Big Col flower

Sue
xx
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Englishman on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:26 pm

My experience of someone is that I ended up paying 1500 euros to have put right the things that he SHOULD have done and charged me 1000 euros for.

Basically, my property had the wrong catastral number - something which a simple search would have revealed. He failed to do that search. When I complained, he offered to put matters right free of charge but I never heard from him again

Englishman

Back to top Go down

Post by gtclubman on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi Just to say we have used Victorio for a few legal matters including buying our cave and would highly recommend him, very professional, reasonable fees, good english, etc.
gtclubman

Back to top Go down

Post by carlos211 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 am

Just to finalise this topic - I used someone against the advice of this Forum as I didn't want to cause any offence. Won't be using him again. Ever. For anything. 'Nuff said.

Next time I will listen to good advice. Thank you so much again for helping someone you haven't even met yet. Very Happy
carlos211

Back to top Go down

Post by ross on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:59 am

what about Marie in canilles speaks good english?

I have never used her for any business dealings but it·s an option!!

hope this is of use

Ross Sleep
ross

Back to top Go down

Post by ross on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 am

another person who I have used for the last 10 yrs is Juan in Zujar,he is a bank manager and assesor,and his wife is a lawyer.

Juan was the mayor of Zujar and very well respected.

I would highly recommend him.
ross

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:11 am

The only problem on forums is that it is very difficult to leave constructive negative comments without them being removed.
You should also be aware that it may be that the good comments are posted by interested parties.
Briefly make your own mind up.
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nigtrog on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Dear all
Good Morning
Read this topic with > interest as i in position of dealing with two Lawyers a + b personaly over last 4 years , a for an insurance claim & trying to get Ayuntamiento at Freila to sort out ify road over my cave and b to do my tax returns etc for last 3 years !!
The insurance claim / sorting out Freila Ayuntamiento was a shambles! , but no doubt a a very nice person & overall more positives than negatives !! ( however i did also hear of a problem with a boundary dispute case !).
My tax returns / meetings with b have always been > professional / gone well !! , however not used for insurance claims / property paperwork / disputes etc !! .
This is my personal experience and seems to be pay your money & take your choice / luck !! , not quite what you want when you got problems / disputes that Lawyer can help with rather than add to !!
I have now been recommended a 3rd lawyer who has not even replied to my e mails / communications in 6 weeks let alone sorted Santa Lucia insurance claim / Freila Ayuntamiento ( who built incorrect structured retaining wall up wind of mine / few caves & caused water etc damage !) !!

I think simple fact is Lawyers , insurance co's & many other bodies in Spain a bit more variable / laid back than in uk !! & vary job to job / day to day !! .
Appreciate if anyone can please give me contact details of a lawyer / other contacts in Baza / Freila area who they can > recommend for sorting out Santa Lucia claim ( they just ignore my letters ! / tell not covered when policy clearly sais are covered for legal and damage costs in my caves exact circumstances !) & Freila Ayuntamiento !! .
Is there an official Complaint form / omudsmen type system re;if lack of action or response from Ayuntamiento or insurance co's ?
It appears the whole system set up to end up in deadlock / no action & require lengthy / costly legal battles ( creating work for our Lawyer friends !!)

I love my cave & Positives > outweigh negatives but frustrating when so called professional people ( Lawyers ) & public servants ( Ayuntemento ) do their jobs either very slowly or very badly when need oppposite in circumstances !!

regards

Nigel

ps; isn't there a professional body people can complain to about Lawyers if they fail & seek compensation

nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spanish Recipes