The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Vets

Go down

Vets Empty Vets

Post by HappyChic on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:26 pm

I do not often use vets as have my own remedies and experience, but obviously i do use them for the more serious stuff.......The past 48 hours we have used the vets in Baza where the Pink Orchid used to be, he has had three of our Dogs in for operations of the serious kind ( No more breeding ) and i have to say 'What a Guy' !!!!!!
Highly respect and admire this man, so kind, and caring and will def be using him again, his prices are cheap and for sure beats all the rest that are around, he speaks very good English and tries so hard to be understood in English even though Spanish can be spoken.
Antonio used to work in the other Baza vets but has set up on his own, hence cheaper prices......
I can highly recommend him & the dogs loved him to..............The Ole man said the vet nurse was nice to !!!!!!!

Antonio Balboa Navarettte
Ctra de Ronda 28
18800 BAZA

Tel: 958704904
HappyChic
HappyChic

Back to top Go down

Vets Empty Re: Vets

Post by Cave Bunny on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:26 am

Yup, we used him for same op too.

He was even nice when Daffy ate his door and wall. (blush)

Glad to hear he has a vet nurse now though as I think he struggled on his own with my lot a little (2 dogs and a cat at once).

We went back to take stiches out and both dogs were happy to see him despite Snr Balboa's previous assault on their manhoods.

Job done. :-)
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:32 pm

I just wanted to thank you for posting this, we have just moved to Baza and my biggest worry was finding a good vet and one that we could communicate with.

We will certainly be trying him out, we have been told we should register our dogs at a vets asap and get their microchips on the Spanish register. Is there such a thing ?
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:37 am

I am pretty sure that if your dogs are already micro-chipped i.e UK or elsewhere in Europe, that nothing else needs doing regarding micro-chipping. Their current UK passport will be added to as/when extra vaccinations are given.

We took some pups for their first vaccs on Monday and he was fine. We are meant to be taking the pups' mother for her op this morning, but she has done a runner. She must have known!

Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh gosh I hope you find her, although I bet she will be back just in time for dinner, she sounds like a bright girl to me :-)

OK one more dumb question from the newbie - where abouts was the " pink orchid " ?we had a quick drive up and down the road today, looking for no 28 or a vets but didn't find it .

When we do get around to taking them in I will ask about the microchip - I am sort of hoping there is a Spanish record dept somewhere in case they got lost - in Portugal if a dog was found with a chip all the local vets were informed and they checked their records but there was no central records office unlike the UK.
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Well, Polly did eventually return just in time to be whisked off to the vets (after a quick swill down with some warm soapy water)and she has been 'sorted'. The vet said that his nurse shampooed and dried her before they could do her op.. HOW embarrassing is that?
This evening she looks beautifully coiffured and is as comfortable as can be expected...

Nice vet.

Cavern, I have sent you a private message. Telephone us and I will try to explain whereabouts the different vets are.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:03 am

That's a bit like when I took our 4th dog, Sweep, to be "sorted". She'd been with us only a couple of weeks when she came into season (her first we think). She was a tad scruffy (a curly haired dog - the sort you often see with the sheep) and I noticed the veterinary nurse dousing her with flea powder before the op. I was mortified!!! Now, she's gorgeous, of course, but please don't tell her she looks like a Bedlington Terrier or she'll get ideas of grandeur!!
Sally
Sally

http://www.cuevapedro.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cazcove on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:44 pm

I to have had to use this vet as my mastina Ginny had parvo virus and he was super and saved her but sadly a week later we lost one of our older dogs Scroofy to the same parvo gone in a couple of hours.

Antonios was prof and very cheap

cazcove

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Oh Cazcove! Sorry to hear that! How very sad. xx
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Cazcove I am so sorry about Scoofy, losing any dog no matter what age is really hard. (((( HUGS )))
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by 1940thom on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks for the info re the new vet.
I had been travelling to Granada for treatment on our adopted strays as we weren't happy with the other 2 vets in Baza.
This info will save me a lot of driving, next time we had need of treatment

Again thanks

1940thom

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:36 am

We had problem with our cat xmas day, back end went all weak and he was all listless.

We contacted our vet in Cullar and we agreed to meet at the surgery at 11 o'clock. He gave him an examination, diagnosed he had taken some form of poison and was bleeding internally. Gave him two injections, supplied us with syringes to give water and another medication that we had to get from the Farmacia and a tube of laxative cream. Took no money and told us to be there 10 o'clock Sunday. We went and the cat had two more injections after an examination, an extra lotion in his mouth, we were then given instructions on how to care for him and told that if we needed the vets help at any time to call his mobile number.

Total cost for both visits and injections 20 euros.

This the vet at the animal feed and olive mill in Cullar.

His name is Angel Sanchez Garcia 619784294 and he holds regular surgerys on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

The cat 'Barnstaple' is doing very well and seems to over the worst.

Oh! I forgot the most important thing. My wife says he is gorgeous, nice eyes or something, but that is how we always choose our vet.

Barry and Lindy.
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:16 pm

Where exactly in Cullar is this vet's surgery please Blatantadvertising?
Ann
Ann

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:53 pm

The bir roundabout as you get to Cullar from Galera.
Take the Baza road.
About 50 yds on that road before you cross the bridge take the track on the left.
Straight in front of you is a big white building.
Head for that and the vet is in the left hand corner of the courtyard of buildings that is the white building.
Track a bit pitted.

Forgot to say that we struggled to explain symptoms on our first visit and on the second visit he had brought a laptop with a translation program, we did not need it but what a good thought.
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:03 pm

Thanks for that Blatantadvertising, should be very useful.
Ann
Ann

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Pleased to hear of another vet in the area (Cullar) as it gives options. Does he only do Saturdays and Sundays?
Cats-R-Us
Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum